Elmhurst Garden Club
College Scholarship Application Information
Deadline – May 1
The Mildred Hartney Scholarship is open to students enrolled in Horticulture and/or Environmental Studies or a related science area such as biology or botany.
To encourage the advancement and stimulate an interest in horticulture through education; to provide an outlet for creative expression; to further education in horticulture, environmental studies, conservation and landscape design through scholarships.
- Must be a resident of the State of Illinois
- Must currently be a sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student at an accredited college or university or a student at a community college working towards a degree.
- Must have a declared major in horticulture, biology/botany, environmental studies, landscape design, conservation, and/or science education
- Must submit a complete official academic transcript
- Must have a minimum grade point average of “B” (3.0 on a 4.0 scale)
- Must submit a photo suitable for publication.
- Must present a short program on your activities related to your major at a meeting of the Elmhurst Garden Club (if awarded scholarship).
- The deadline for the application and all required documentation is due on May 1 to Pat O’Dwyer, Scholarship Chair, 5 Oak Brook Club Drive, N204, Oak Brook IL 60523.
- Must submit two letters of recommendation: one from the majoring department and one from a non-related individual.
- Must submit a cover letter discussing commitment to chosen career, extra-curricular activities, community service and work-related experiences.
- Must submit a letter of acceptance (if awarded scholarship).
- You must meet all eligibility criteria.
- All parts of the application must be typed or legible in order to be considered.
- All attachments must contain your full name.
- Scholarship funding awarded is granted only for tuition at the college/university designated on application during year applied for.
_____ Cover Letter describing your interest in horticulture, Environmental Studies and/or a related science area and providing specific information/evidence of your involvement in these areas.
_____ Official Transcript from the University/College you are currently attending
_____ Two Letters of Recommendation
_____ Materials sent to Pat O’Dwyer, Scholarship Chair, 5 Oak Brook Club Drive, N204, Oak Brook IL 605
_____ Postmarked by May 1
Click here to download the Scholarship Application form.
May 1 Deadline
If you have any questions on the scholarships, click here to send an e-mail to Jean Baldikoski.