College Scholarship Application Information
The College Scholarship is open to Illinois residents who are college juniors, seniors or graduate students majoring in Horticulture, Environmental Studies, Biology, Botany and/or other related sciences.
To encourage the advancement and stimulate an interest in horticulture through education; to provide an outlet for creative expression; to further horticultural education, conservation and landscape design through gift-scholarships.
- Must submit a complete official academic transcript sent dirctly from the school to the scholarship chairwoman.
- Must have a minimum grade point average of “B” (3.0 on a 4.0 scale)
- Must submit two letters of recommendation: one from the majoring department and one from a non-related individual.
- Must submit a cover letter discussing commitment to chosen career, extra-curricular activities, community service and work-related experiences.
- Must submit a letter of acceptance (if awarded scholarship).
- Must submit a photo suitable for publication (if awarded scholarship).
- Must present a short program on your major at a meeting of the Elmhurst Garden Club (if awarded scholarship).
- Scholarship funding awarded is granted only for tuition at the college/university designated on application during year applied for.
The deadline for the application and all required documentation is May 1. Please send to:
EGC Scholarship Chairwoman
- Late applications will not be considered.
- You must meet all eligibility criteria.
- All parts of the application must be typed or legible in order to be considered.
- All attachments must contain your full name.
- Application Checklist:
_____ Cover Letter
_____ Transcript from the University/College
_____ Scholarship Application
_____ Letters of Recommendation
Click here to download the Scholarship Application form.
May 1 Deadline
If you have any questions on the scholarships, click here to send an e-mail to Jean Baldikoski.